2016年7月21日 星期四

Friday is Motivation Day

My motivational energy comes back to me when I'm feeling inspired. The quickest route is to dip into an inspiring book. For the last few years one of my favourite motivational books is Cheryl Richardson's Take Time for Your Life. She's not an airy fairy coach, but pragmatic. When I feel stuck her book reminds me that I need to reduce some of the things I'm doing, not take more on when I'm already up to my eyes and beyond. Ultimately I'll work more effectively and get more done. Yeah, I know it's common sense but sometimes I'm too busy to think it through. It has the effect I want which is to get me back on track.


Your actions speak so loudly, I cannot hear what you say. This is what happens if you don't have core values that are actually practiced. Core values are  of what your business stands for. They are often things like honesty, integrity, trust, and authenticity. Sounds good, right? Sometimes business owners mistakenly think that if they say things long enough and loud enough they become true. That's simply not the case. You should never have to say these things… I'm honest, you can trust me, I'm authentic, our company has integrity. In fact, I don't know about you but my radar goes up immediately when I hear someone telling me these things. When core values are acted out day after day nothing needs to be said because people can see that it's true. A picture paints a thousand words perfectly sums this thought up. What are values?

Colour generates energy and energy generates . Wearing cheerful colours and having colour in the environment is motivational. It's been a horribly grey winter and my favourite coat is bright fuschia pink. You wouldn't believe how many people (women and men) comment on the fabulous colour and much they like it. Why deplete your energy with black?


As you can see, these 3 ideas are important for laying a firm foundation on which to build a business. As you can also tell, figuring out what each of these means to you and your business takes some contemplation. Unfortunately, most people skip over these things and jump right into marketing their business. My encouragement for you is that you will not be like most people… you will be different, you will stand out from the crowd, you will embrace the truth that what you do today shapes who you become tomorrow. Remember, you can achieve whatever you believe as long as you are willing to work for it!

沒有留言:

張貼留言